PE – Challenge 5 and Football PE lessons

0

Posted by olops | Posted in Nursery, Reception, Sports, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6 | Posted on May 3, 2020

Hello!
I trust you all had a great weekend – I hope you kept active?
Yesterday I did gymnastics in the park. Today, we had a family bike ride to an unusually quiet Matlock Bath (I live in Matlock, so I haven’t been that far!).
I hope you had a go at last week’s ‘Going for Gold’ challenge – To throw up a ball and see how many times you can clap before catching it. Don’t forget to let me know how many you can do.
School Sports Nottingham will be giving out 2 gold medals each week. They could be awarded for most improved, most creative attempt or highest score.
I am delighted to tell you that Chimamanda in the nursery was the highest scorer for the ‘socks in a box’ challenge and will be receiving a GOLD medal when we return to school. Well done Chimmi, I’m so proud of you!
This week’s challenge is a shuttle run. Please see the PDF for full details and a video. Basically, it’s running between 2 cones set about 10m apart. How many runs can you do in 30 seconds? Can you improve your score?  Good luck!
I will be having a go and I will post my video on our NEW YOU TUBE channel. Follow this link to go to our new school page. All my PE videos are there and some nursery ones with staff reading stories and singing songs. I hope you enjoy them!
Did you enjoy the golf last week? Thanks to Adrian in year 6 for sending me a great photo of him playing golf in his living room!
This week’s lessons are all based on Football. With activities designed to improve dribbling, passing, keepy ups, scoring and fitness, there’s sure to be enough to keep us busy and active all week. Use the ideas as brain breaks or as specific PE lessons within your week – whatever works best for you!
Keep emailing me, or post comments on the blog or FB page. I look forward to your messages and photos.
Have fun!
Love from
Mrs Herbert xxxx
Scroll down to click on the 2 downloads.
[embeddoc url=”https://olops.edublogs.org/files/2020/05/Notts-School-Games-Football-Primary.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]
[embeddoc url=”https://olops.edublogs.org/files/2020/05/Go-For-Gold-Week-5-Shuttle30.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar